How to Clean Jewelry and Make it Sparkle Longer
After a week of owning your new best friend, the big question pops up - how do I clean my jewelry? How do I make these babies shine again? Worry not, we have some easy tips and tricks for you to clean your jewelry.
- Protect your jewelry from scratches, sharp blows, harsh chemicals, extreme temperatures, and sunlight.
- Put your jewelry on after cleaning, washing and applying any makeup, hair spray, or perfume.
- A good rule of thumb is that jewelry should be the last thing to put on when getting dressed and the first thing to take off when you get home.
- For a lifetime of shine, treat all Belle Étoile jewelry like the fine jewelry that it is.
- Cleaning your jewelry with a soft micro-fiber cloth after use is the simplest way to keep your jewelry sparkling. You can even dampen the cloth with a little warm water before wiping the jewelry. Do not use a silver polishing cloth, as it contains chemicals that can damage the rhodium plating.
- For removing skin oils and grime, use lukewarm water with a non-moisturizing soap or mild dishwashing liquid. Soak the piece in a bowl of warm soapy water for about 5 to 10 minutes. Using a soft-bristled toothbrush, a soft facial brush, or a cosmetic brush, gently scrub the jewelry and rinse it in clean water. Pat dry with a soft micro-fiber cloth.
- Do not use a harsh compound polish on any Belle Étoile pieces. The harsh compounds in a silver polishing cloth can damage the brilliant rhodium plating of the jewelry. Additionally, keep your pieces away from inks, hair sprays, perfumes, nail polish removers, and areas with chlorine, such as pools, hot tubs, and spas.
- Store your jewelry in a dry place where it is not exposed to direct sunlight or to extreme temperature changes. Store your pieces separately so that they cannot scratch each other. We recommend keeping each piece in a separate plastic polybag whenever you are not wearing it.
- When traveling, take extra precautions to protect your jewelry in a small pouch or jewelry bag so that it does not get scratched or jostled.